Sunday, April 29, 2012

Book Review: Onyx (Lux 2)

Onyx (Lux, #2)Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The connection between Kat and Daemon is stronger than they thought. While Daemon tries to prove to Kat that his feelings is not a product of their connection, a new guy Blake arrives. But something in Blake makes Daemon distrust him. And the discovery that his brother Dawson might be alive unveils more lies in a world that Kat has stumbled upon.

It just got better! This second book just raised the bar for the series. I had a lot of thoughts while reading this book and most of them is me gushing about Daemon. LOL. But before the girl gushing part, let me get to the story first. I have nothing to complain about the story. This book has a lot more complications compared to the first one. It is more about the secrets that lurks in the corners of the lives of the Luxen. However, this time around Kat is part of that secret because it turned out that they have more than the Arum to worry about there is the DOD (Department of Defense) )which is scarier than the Arum and the new breed of humans that is the people that the Luxen heals. Yeah I know it sounds so X-men. Lastly there is the possibility of Dawson being alive which revealed more lies and betrayal. There is a lot going on in this book but as I was reading it, it didn't feel that way because I know that they are connected. That got my brain going. Thinking what the connection is. It was teasing my brain.

Half of the book was spent with Daemon trying to win Katy's heart and there were a lot of heart stopping, jittery feeling and Katy frustrating moments. Daemon is really changed here, he showed a lot of emotions and he became a much stronger character. I just LOVE Daemon in this book. He melts my heart into a pile of goo. LOL. I found myself smiling whenever he pursues Kat. I like the way the author made all the exchanges betwee him and Kat funny and romantic at the same time. And Kat was turning into this frustrating character that I wanted to shake more than a dozen times. No matter how much Daemon showed his heart she just refused to believe it. The worst part is that her being stubborn led to many bad choices. And even to the death of a character. I will not blame it all on her though. I mean as frustrating as Kat was in the book she has her reasons and the best part is that she came around in the end. This book has a lot of Katy and Daemon written all over it. They dominated this book. I am guessing it has something to do with the next book.

This is one exhilarating, forget-about-sleeping, swoon over Daemon, action packed book that you would not want to miss. Yes, that is how good this book is.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment